Located near Kingston Road and Victoria Park Avenue, the existing building will be demolished and a 52-65,000 sq ft facility will be built in its place. This state of the art centre will be located on the ground floor and minus-one level of a seven-story building, with residential units above and its main entrance off Kingston Road. We have already started to examine the specific programming needs of this neighbourhood through a community engagement process that connects with the local residents.
Statistics show that this neighbourhood has high rates of youth unemployment and inactivity. The new Kingston Road YMCA will offer programs and services to help combat these issues and provide opportunities for growth and community involvement.
Snapshot of the neighbourhood:
- 36% have a weak sense of community belonging
- 17.5% of youth are unemployed
- 53% of people are physically inactive
- We haven't started construction yet! Until we do, check out what's going on at the Kingston Road Y.
- On December 18, zoning was submitted to the City to build this incredible new Centre of Community. Read more.
- Learn more about our plans for the Kingston Road community, and the GTA, in the Toronto Star.
- Centre opening targeted for 2017.