This new development will be adjacent to the Toronto District School Board’s closed Timothy Eaton high school. Located near the intersection of Warden and Finch, the new Bridletowne Circle community project will be a large, modern Centre of Community. Built to LEED (leadership in environmental and energy design) green building standards, this new facility would include a 60,000 sq. ft YMCA as well as additional United Way community agencies and medical clinics.
Snapshot of the neighbourhood:
- 30.2% higher proportion of visible minorities
- 51.1% physically inactive individuals
- 26.5% individuals without a high school certificate
- More than 65% of area residents are newcomers
- High rate of chronic conditions
- Of the population over 12 years old, 15.5% have high blood pressure, 5.3% diabetes, and 7.9% heart disease
- Things are moving forward with our Bridletowne Circle YMCA! Read the lastest article.
- On December 6, a public meeting was held regarding the Bridletowne Circle community hub. Read more.
- Read all about our plans in Scarborough, and the GTA in the Toronto Star.